When Do I Need Dedicated Server Hosting?
How To Determine If You Need Dedicated Hosting
With the increase of people working from home, there is an increased demand for storage needs, and with increased needs, your bandwidth should grow too. Without adequate bandwidth, your business will take a hit with slow loading pages when on your website, and inability to load all of the design elements and media on your page. Not only will your company’s reputation suffer through complaints, word of mouth, and possibly negative reviews but you will be at risk for experiencing higher bounce rates, and losing current and potential customers, and revenue loss.
As your website traffic increases, it is important to know when to consider upgrading and ask: When do I need dedicated hosting solutions?
If you are not familiar with dedicated hosting, you may be unsure of when to seek dedicated hosting. So, how do you know if you need dedicated web hosting for your website? There are few key events to look out for, and if they are problems you are currently facing then it’s likely time to upgrade to a dedicated server.
- SLOW LOADING TIMES
- In a world where the site of your speed directly correlates with whether a consumer will purchase from you, it is imperative that you can deliver with a website that quickly loads. If you are experiencing a higher than usual bounce rate then you should first look into how slowly your website’s pages are taking to load.
- INCREASED STORAGE SPACE NEEDS
- Shared plans have a limit on storage and as a website grows to include multiple pages, media features including video and audio files, high-resolution product images, or advanced features, there will be a dire need for more storage space.
- MALWARE & SECURITY CONCERNS
- With shared plans, there is an increased risk of your business being impacted by other websites malware and security threats. If you are concerned about security, then dedicated hosting can help.
Dedicated Hosting Explained
Dedicated hosting is an Internet hosting option where an organization leases an entire server that is not shared with anyone else, and which is often housed in a data center. A dedicated server is an entire server hardware unit to be used by a single customer. It is typically a rented service in which the user rents the server, software and an Internet connection from the Web host.
Often times, websites start out with a shared hosting plan but grow to exceed the limits of that shared plan. Dedicated hosting is the way to go if you need the most power for your money. By the time your website needs one to handle its traffic, it will be worth the investment.
Benefits Of Dedicated Hosting
Your security can be compromised by questionable activities of another user on the same server when you are utilizing shared hosting. With dedicated hosting, your website is on its own server and you minimize the risk of other sites’ malware and DDoS attacks impacting your website.
The benefits of dedicated hosting are:
- INCREASED SECURITY: With a dedicated server from QuadraNet, only your company and us will have access to your server. Since you will not have to share space with other websites, you reduce the risk of having malicious content or spam and the risk of cyber-attacks targeting other shared hosting websites.
- SCALABILITY: With Dedicated hosting, you are able to manage system configurations allowing you to upgrade your server space as your company grows, without the need to migrate to a new server or server host.
- ENHANCED PERFORMANCE: With Dedicated servers, you have increased reliability since you are not concerned about other users/websites using your bandwidth when you need it. Additionally, you are less likely to experience server crashes because your website can meet the demands of large volumes of traffic.
- UNIQUE IP ADDRESS: You will have your own unique IP address with a dedicated server so that you do not have to worry about the actions of other users potentially blacklisting your IP address.
- FLEXIBILITY, CONTROL & CUSTOMIZATION: A huge benefit of dedicated hosting is that it allows for greater control over the server and hosting, which is crucial for most companies. The reason this is possible is because with a dedicated server hosting you can manage the configuration of the server, giving you flexibility of customizing the server to meet your RAM, CPU, software and disc space needs. The added benefit here is that this also means you are able to upgrade to meet the growing needs of your business
Managed Dedicated Hosting
Trying to manage a dedicated server without the proper facilities to store a server, or the expertise needed to maintain it will cause more problems than it solves. QuadraNet is proud to offer Proactive Server Management, now with IMP (Intelligent Monitoring Platform). By upgrading your server’s support coverage to our proactive managed tier, you’ll be able to experience true peace of mind, knowing your server is constantly being monitored and issues are being taken care of before they become a problem.
Proactive Server Management is very proactive because of Intelligent Monitoring Platform – IMP will constantly monitor the server and if a service such as mysql goes down, it will immediately notify our staff to log into the server and take action, all without a ticket or any communication needed from you!
If you are ready to upgrade to a dedicated server, QuadraNet offers plans from $109 per month with the most important enterprise features and excellent support to help your business grow and thrive, smoothly. We look forward to becoming your go-to service provider for all of your web hosting needs.