Turn Your New Visitors Into Returning Visitors With SSDs: Learn The Benefits
A website should be fully equipped with many powerful features to convert a new visitor into a returning visitor. It should be intriguing and offer a lovable user interface to visitors. Your website should be fully responsive for both mobile and desktop usage. However, will any of the above be taken into account if your site isn’t responsive enough and sluggish? Your hard work is going to return to nothingness as you just lost a potential sale.
According to a particular study, 40% people abandon a website after waiting for 3 seconds for that site to load. This study clearly highlights the importance of speed in the web space. Even worse, if any website stops functioning during its active hours, then the customer might perceive that the website is not well-maintained and refrain from revisiting it. Ultimately, website’s performance plays a vital role in getting the desired number of visitors and converting these new visitors into returning visitors. This is where SSDs come into play.
HDDs have been the primary storage device for desktops and laptops for a very long time now. However, with the arrival of Solid State Drive (SSD) gave website developers a great alternative to standard Hard Disk Drive (HDD) as SSDs provide much higher speed compared to HDDs. Many IT professionals even went on to crown it as ‘The Best Performance Upgrade Ever’.
HDD is a technology that makes use of magnetism to store data on a rotating platter. An R/W head floats over magnetic/optical storage discs that spin at 1000 RPM regularly to read and write data. The equation is simple, the faster the rotating platter spins, the quicker an HDD performs. On the contrary, SSDs do not consist of moving parts. Instead, data is stored in microchips. You can term it as a more sophisticated version of a USB memory stick.
SSDs are comparatively faster, reliable and do not require mechanical moment to fetch information.
What Are The Benefits?
- Data R/W Rates & Access Rates: SSD has access speeds of 35-100 microseconds compared to 5,000-10,000 microseconds of HDD. This tremendous access speed ultimately allows you to run program quicker. This is possible because an SSD server does not need to spin-up the drive platter like HDD making it possible to access SSD promptly. They significantly increase the R/W rates due to lack of mechanical delays. This performance boost allows users to load programs quickly and reduce system boot-up and shutdown time. SSDs do not need moving parts as they use flash memory to store data opposite to HDD that initially requires moving parts and magnetic platters to do the same task. This results in SSD offering better performance and prominent reliability value over HDD.
- Performance: SSD maintains a constant level of read and write performance through the capacity of drive and have lower seek times. This ultimately results in a superior performance and faster website load time.
- Power Consumption & Other Advantages: SSD uses variably less power compared to HDD as it entirely works on electronic level. SSD does not need to drive motors to fetch information that ultimately results in lower energy bill over time and increase in battery life of devices. Moreover, as it does not contain moving parts, SSDs generate lesser noise when compared to HDD.
- Other benefits of SSDs are include:
- Magnetism cannot affect working of SSD
- SSD generates less heat
- SSD is compact in size
- SSD has longer lifespan
Why Performance Matters?
Nothing can heal the negative impact left by a visitor who abandons your website after waiting for it to load. A web page that loses a visitor loses not only a potential sale but also a chance of getting a possible subscriber who could have referred the website to relatives, friends, and colleagues. It indirectly hurts your brand image.
Performance plays a significant role in determining the relevance of a website as well as your brand image. A site that loads slowly is never going to get in the bookmarks list of any visitor. Having a slow website is similar to hiring an unresponsive worker. Visualize that you’re visiting a five-star restaurant. No matter how much incredible the hotel looks or how much amazing their food is, you won’t want to step outside of the hotel just to wait in line for an hour. You’d simply decide to visit another hotel. This is how internet works. When a website takes over three seconds to load, the potential visitor would close the tab and visit another site for getting what they want.
Why Choose QuadraNet?
We at QuadraNet know that customers need potent resources to run their website and achieve superior performance. Every click matters. When a visitor visits a site, they come with certain expectations. A visitor would treasure a site that is fully responsive, well-designed and relatively faster than other websites. Therefore, QuadraNet utilizes the most advanced technology, a category characterized by SSD storage that ultimately results in more rapid load time and better performance.
Alongside faster load time, SSD also aids in reducing any chance of drive failures. Any disruption might result in changing visitor’s point of view regarding your website and may motivate them to never revisit your website. We totally understand the importance of having a fully functioning website. This is the reason why we’re hell-bent towards providing you top-class service to make sure that your site never experiences downtime. Remember, every second, every aspect matters when it comes to turning a new visitor into a returning visitor and we handle everything for you!